It is a new year and one of our goals as a couple is to give back more to the community that we live in, since we are now residents of Sneads Ferry, North Carolina – Onslow County.
We have decided we want to volunteer as a North Topsail Beach Ambassador! We think this will also be a great way to get to know the beach and the residents/tourists better! When we filled out the application last month they only had 6 applications total including ours, so they are still looking for more people to volunteer in order to start the training program. The program only requires 20 volunteer hours during the season which is doable even for our crazy schedule.
Responsibilities/Requirements of a North Topsail Beach Ambassador
- NTB beach ambassadors will be identified by custom reflective safety vests and hats.
- They will work in pairs and travel the beach on foot or ATV.
- Patrols will be concentrated on weekends with random trips during the week, primarily in the afternoon and early evening, according to the tide schedule. Holiday weeks will have more patrols.
- Beach ambassadors will talk to visitors, take photos, encourage positive beach activities, and remind visitors of beach rules.
- They will be the friendly face of the Town’s targeted ordinances.
- They will report concerns to a designated Town liaison, or in extreme cases, directly to the police.
- NTB Beach Ambassadors commit to at least 20 hours of service in the tourist season (Easter weekend through Labor Day).
- Weekend hours are expected for a portion of each volunteer’s service. No patrols will take place during dangerous weather conditions.
We think you should join us! Just fill out this application and submit to the Town Manager, Ms. Carin Faulkner.
Town of North Topsail – 2008 Loggerhead Court, N Topsail Beach, NC 28460