Thanksgiving dictates two things; overeating and something else, I like overeating so I can’t remember the other thing. Oh yeah, coming up with a concise list of things you are thankful for so if someone asks, you are ready. I think that this is an exercise that we should do way more often, every day even. The more you are aware of, and thankful for, what you have the less value you will put in the things you don’t.
So here is my thrown together list of things I am thankful for:
- I live in a free country
- I am not afraid for my safety
- I, and my entire family, are healthy
- I have Naoma, who loves me unconditionally
- I have a loving family who I adore
- I have a great career
- I have never gone to bed hungry (except by choice)
- I have a comfortable home
- I have the resources needed to plan for the future, pay for the present, and help others.
- I can cook, but Naoma cooks even better
Love, Health, Family and Security, what more could I possibly want? Well, I know I want to win Power Ball. Not because I want three houses, and a life of servants, but Naoma and I have been discussing the joys of full time philanthropy, which is hard to do when you are a middle class Joe working full time and raising kids.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!